lpd problems

        I have lpd 0.33 running on our (RH 5.1) print server; using samba
1.9.18 to accept the files from windows machines.
        the files go to an HP Laserjet 4V
        however, if too many files are fed to it too quickly, they'll
spontaneously disappear. :(
        needless to say, I have a bunch of unhappy users. :(

        I know I need to upgrade to the latest lpd (0.48? or is there 0.49
now?); but I'm pretty new (with a pretty high failure rate) to non-rpm
upgrades, and building from source.
        could someone do me a favor and build me an RPM of the latest lpd,
that will work on a RH 5.x setup? (I think that means compiling against
glibc2.0, rather than 2.1; but is there more?)

        upgrading the server itself isn't really an option; as it also has
our accounting package installed on it; and I'm loathe to risk breaking
something that works. :)

        when I have a free moment or two, I really should build a separate
print server. there's a 486/SX33 that might work....

Carl Soderstrom
System Administrator    307 Brighton Ave.
Minnesota DHIA	        Buffalo, MN
carls@agritech.com      (612) 682-1091