MediaOne 2 way cable How-To

Greetings,

Some time back someone posted a MediaOne 2 way calbe howto.  Could
someone repost it, or point me to the a archive?

Just in case it nowhere to be found I'd like to ask the Linux/MediaOne
users couple questions:

The signup contact insisted that w/out a Windows box she couldn't
dispach an install tech.  Have you found the field installers more open
to the idea?  (I'd rather do the whole setup in Linux)

From what I can remember/figure out, they use DHCP to assign IPs.  Do
they restrict the DHCP leases to the MAC of the NIC used during the
install?

Thanks,

Bradley Wendelboe
--
"The idea that Bill Gates has appeared like a knight in shining armour
to lead all customers out of a mire of technological chaos neatly