Re: [TCLUG:13550] Dual-Headed setup (Free hardware)

Sure.

The monitor is a Zeos Z1A - I believe it is 12 inches.  It has a very
small footprint compared to current monitors.  The power plug and video
cable do not unplug from the monitor.  The power connector is a standard
"inverse" plug (like the second power socket in the back of most power
supplies).

It is Monochrome, MGA (NOT VGA), with a 5 pin connector.  I believe it is
amber.

The video card is a full-length, 8 bit ISA card (although, part of the
card is just "extended to fit" the full length of the card - so you could
probably cut some of the extra breadboard off, if your ISA slots are not
full length)

The Hercules card itself is capable of SOME monochrome graphics
capabilities (and I think the XFree86 Mono server does support the card).
As I understand it though, current Linux software is not able to use the
graphics abilities of both the herc & another card at the same time - only
text mode herc with graphics on a 'normal' card.  (or, just herc by
itself)

Thanks for the tip on the recycling...  If no one is interested, I will
check them out..
______         _ __         "If you don't have the freedom to use what you
  /           ' )  )               own - then you do not own anything."
 / o ______    /  / _  . .    No apologies to Jack Valenti or the MPAA
/ <_/ / / <   /  (_</_(_/_  -- tneu@visi.com / http://www.visi.com/~tneu --