Re: [TCLUG:13570] Debian / KDE...

> > I was just wondering if there is a way to do this to install kde
> > applications...  I know debian has some sort of thing against "KDE" (or,
> > at least for some strange reason they don't put it even in their non-free
> > section).

Ah...I see you were sleeping through my Apt-get 101 class!

On Tue, Feb 15, 2000 at 08:06:14AM -0600, Jim Crumley wrote:
> Yes there is away.  There is a project to make KDE packages for the
> major distributions at http://kde.tdyc.com/.  There is an archive
> that works with apt-get, the details and all of the apt-get source
> lines are at http://kde.tdyc.com/Debian/.

I have found these details to be a bit problematic.  Here is my working
KDE sources.list line:

# KDE stuff
deb ftp://ftp.us.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/latest/distribution/deb/potato/ i386/

If the email wraps, this is all on one line.  The details that Jim
described point to the wron directory.

--
Chad Walstrom                         mailto:chewie@wookimus.net
a.k.a ^chewie, gunnarr               http://wookimus.net/~chewie