Re: [TCLUG:13602] Myth II for Linux

On Tue, Feb 15, 2000 at 10:13:30PM -0600, Christopher Reid Palmer wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Feb 2000, Eric M. Hopper wrote:
>
> > > I didn't realize Myth runs on Linux.  Can I buy it in a store?
> >
> > 	Yes.  I did.  My favorite place to buy Linux games is
> > Electronics Botique or EBX.  There's one of each in the Mall of America,
> > which is handily bus accessible.
>
> Interesting. Now the next question: What kind of hardware do I need? My
> system is more twm than Enlightenment, if you know what I mean, although I
> have a nifty 2D video card.

	I have a K6-3 450, and they all run fine.  The 3D stuff won't
run without a 3D card of course.  I don't know how well Myth II runs
without a 3D card.  Myth II shouldn't be extremely dependent on speed
really.  It's an RTS without resource gathering.

	The only 3D cards that are very well supported are the Voodoo
series.  I've heard people of getting others to work, but it always
seems to be a pain.

Have fun (if at all possible),
--
Its name is Public Opinion.  It is held in reverence. It settles everything.
Some think it is the voice of God.  Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet

PGP signature