Re: [TCLUG:13767] IPCHAINS again...

  Hi,

On Sun, 20 Feb 2000, Nate Carlson wrote:

> Try leaving input on ACCEPT, and putting a rule at the end something like
> this:
> ipchains -A input -s 0/0 -d 0/0 -j DENY -l

I did that, and it did tell me something somewhat useful.

I see no packets from me being blocked, but a heck of a lot from the
outside - which I guess are replies to my packets - being blocked.

I thought IPCHAINS kept track of my source-port internally and allowed
replies to them - but it appears not to be doing that.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong now?...

-Yaron