Re: [TCLUG:13783] Back again

Hrm...

I don't know why xconfigurator would tell you you have an error in your config
file...it should be rebuilding one from scratch...

As to getting the output captured, you'll find many many different methods to do
this.  At risk of being flamed for offering a bad way(its the one I always
manage to remember without reference) I'll tell you my way.

from the console:

$script xstartup.txt

**now you'll see some info about typescript being started...

$startx

** X will start up, and crash out...

$exit

**the script is finished, and you have a copy of it in xstartup.txt

--