Re: [TCLUG:13828] cheap networking hardware

Hello,

If it is only going to be a 2 computer Network, I would recommend connecting
the machines via a cross-over cable. Then you do not need a Hub.

The pin-outs for a cross-over cable.
http://www.pin-outs.com/datasheet_92.htm

I would also like to plug Materials Processing Corporation (MPC).
They have cheap USED hardware, I purchased 10 3c509 NICs for $50. They gave me
a deal, because I purchased "a lot" of them. They might also have a cross-over
cable.

MPC
http://www.materialsprocessing.com/sspage.htm

This page will probably come in handy.
http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/NET3-4-HOWTO.html

> Please reply off-list if you have any leads for this type of stuff.  I
> don't want to clutter the list any more than I already have.

It is not necessary to put comments like this, many times other people have
simular questions. Also, if everybody only replied to the sender, their replies
would never make it into the archive for future reference. More over, you get
flooded with less repeat info if people mail to the list.

-Steve