Re: [TCLUG:13882] xscreensaver

On Tue, Feb 22, 2000 at 01:34:30AM -0600, Erick Stohr wrote:
>I get an error, or warning I should say when trying to run
>xscreensaver-demo, it is a :
>
>xscreensaver-demo: no screensaver is running on display :0.0
>
>I am running fvwm2 only, no desktop manager, I have tried to put
>.xscreensaver in my home directory but it did not seem to want to work.
Yup, it is not meant to run unless the daemon is running. put
xscreensaver &

in your .xsession or .xinitrc or run it from a terminal window.

--
Ben Lutgens  System / Network Administrator CS Solutions Inc
1821 University Ave, St. Paul, Mn

checking for mass_quantities_of_bass_ale in -lFridge... no
checking for mass_quantities_of_any_ale in -lFridge... no
Warning: No ales were found in your refrigerator.
  We highly suggest that you rectify this situation immediately.