Re: [TCLUG:13925] IP Address range for a domain?

> Yep, there is a nice firewall.  SSH only.  However, the Northwest Airlines
> thing as scared the person I am helping.  So, I need to make sure that there
> is no "casual" connection.

Tom,

Like everyone else has already pointed out, there is no sure fire way
to do what you want to do. The domainname is not bound to the IP addr.
Also, just blocking with the domainname is no sure fire way to block
access either. Think about the person that leaves work, logs in
through thier ISP and then accesses this sight. There is no way you
can forsee all the combinations.

Here are some things that may work but the results aren't guaranteed.
And i'll add that they aren't the solution to your problem.

1. Ask thier nameserver to enumerate the host entries:

% nslookup
> server <thier-nameserver>
> ls <thier-domainname>

Which may or may not work depending on the configuration of thier
DNS server.

2. You may be able to get some info out of ARIN regarding the company?

go to http://www.arin.net/cgi-bin/whois.pl and search for the
company name.

Otherwise, ... I don't think your seeing straight on this issue.

					- Karl