Re: [TCLUG:13925] IP Address range for a domain? (USE JWHOIS)

You can do it with the jwhois tool.  fwhois is more commonly packaged and
doesn't provide that kind of information.  You can fetch jwhois
from: http://www.gnu.org/software/jwhois/

Observe:
superfly@groove superfly]$ whois REAL-TIME.COM
Registrant:
Real Time Enterprises (REAL-TIME-DOM)
   10181 Crosstown Circle
   Eden Prairie, MN 55344
   US

   Domain Name: REAL-TIME.COM

   Administrative Contact:
      Tebbe, Amy  (AT113)  atebbe@REAL-TIME.COM
      (612)943-8700 (FAX) (612)943-8300 (612)943-8300 FAX (612) 935-6881
   Technical Contact, Zone Contact:
      Hostmaster, Domain  (HD307-ORG)  hostmaster@REAL-TIME.COM
      (612) 943-8700
Fax- (612) 943-8500
   Billing Contact:
      Tanner, Robert J  (RJT4)  tanner@REAL-TIME.COM
      (612)943-8700 (FAX) (612)943-8500

   Record last updated on 27-Feb-1999.
   Record created on 23-Apr-1995.
   Database last updated on 22-Feb-2000 13:19:20 EST.

   Domain servers in listed order:

   NS.REAL-TIME.COM		206.10.252.1
   NS2.REAL-TIME.COM		206.10.253.1
   NS.MR.NET			137.192.240.5

For IP Addresses (Including CIDR):

superfly@groove superfly]$ whois -h whois.arin.net 206.10.252.19
[whois.arin.net]
Minnesota Regional Network (NETBLK-MRNET-C-BLOCK8) MRNET-C-BLOCK8
			        206.8.0.0 - 206.11.255.255
Real Time Enterprises, Inc. (NETBLK-REAL-TIME1)	REAL-TIME1
				206.10.252.0 - 206.10.253.255

This tells me that Bob's got 2 class C's from our friends at Mr. Net.

Peter Lukas