Re: [TCLUG:14024] Help! Crashed RedHat 6.0/Intel

it sounds like your devices are messed up.  I do not know what the command is
on RH6.0, but I believe there is an rpm for you device tree.  You can boot up
a rescue floppy (Slackware boot floppy with rescue.gz rootdisk works) and then
recreate that tree.  If there is not an rpm, I know my distribution has a
MAKEDEV in /dev which creates the devices, it should be console or something.
Failing that, mknod c 4 0 would recreate the console device on my system.

-Chris McKinley