Re: [TCLUG:14044] serial consoles

On Fri, Feb 25, 2000 at 09:16:12AM -0600, Chris McKinley wrote:
> I would prolly be interested in one of those, can you point me to a
> URL?
>
> The equivalents would be, of course, a Cisco router (we use 2500s for
> Terminal Servers) or multiprot serial cards.

http://www.globalmt.com

	They tend towards being expensive because the most common
customers are people with a room full of mainframes.  :-) The salesman
should be pretty flexible about it though if you complain enough about
the price.

	The product also provides a limited and badly done scripting
language that can be used against data coming across the consoles.  If
it worked better and were more flexible, it'd be good for automating the
monitoring of your systems and having the computer only flag error
conditions.

Have fun (if at all possible),
--
Its name is Public Opinion.  It is held in reverence. It settles everything.
Some think it is the voice of God.  Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet

PGP signature