Re: [TCLUG:14038] mysqldump

On Fri, Feb 25, 2000 at 12:15:14PM -0600, George Swan (g-swan@maroon.tc.umn.edu) wrote:
> Wait!  Wait!  Wait!.....
>
> I thought you were using db.sql    so where did commands.sql come from.

same thing - commands.sql is just referring to the text file that mysqldump
creates that creates all the SQL necessary to setup your database again.

> (I wasn't expecting this, I don't have my database built up on mySQL at
> home right now.... but I might be able to use this to argue against a
> security wall that's in someone's head!   ...."Here, I built this dataset
> at home.  Keep your damned-7-foot-of-steel security wall, but please load
> these tables.  Here's how you do it.")
>
> BTW, is this outlined in the DeBois book?

www.mysql.net contains very good htmlized docs. that's what i use all the
time.

--
Amy Tanner                                      Voice: 612.943.8700
Real Time Enterprises, Inc.	                  Fax: 612.943.8500