AMI MegaRAID controller experiences?

Hi everyone,

I need to get a PCI SCSI controller for my dual celeron box, and I ran
across the AMI MegaRAID card on Pricewatch.  It seems that, for what you
get, it's a bargain.  (Three U2W channels for $200, two 72-pin SIMM slots
for cache RAM, optional battery backup.)  Has anyone ever used one of these
cards?  I figured that I may as well get a card like this, so if I come
across a pile of small drives sometime (the last hamfest I went to had a guy
selling a box of ~30 1GB SCSI drives for $30 each, and I'm guessing that
similar finds can be expected at future hamfests) I could set up a nice
RAID-5 configuration.  (The thought of the throughput that a 30-drive RAID-5
configuration would give, spread across three channels, is intoxicating...
Even a 4- or 5-drive configuration would be excellent.  The benefits of much
lower risk of loss from hardware failure is great as well.)

I'd love to hear of any experiences anyone has had with these cards...

	Later,
	David

--
David Carter ** dcarter@visi.com