Re: [TCLUG:14129] SSH Help

From the looks of it, AllowHosts and DenyHosts are specific to resolvable
hostname.  Direct IP will not work.  Also, if the hostnames aren't known
natively to the machine itself, SSH will not allow connections.  I don't
use SSH2, but I do recall that the original SSH is very picky about static
host definitions in the configs.  For example, if a.mydomain.org resolves
to 123.123.123.123 and SSHD_CONFIG allows connections from a.mydomain.org,
a `ssh user@123.123.123.123` will not work unless that IP is added to the
config file.

Peter Lukas