Re: [TCLUG:14132] anonftp

On Tue, Feb 29, 2000 at 10:12:44AM -0600, Brian Ackermann wrote:

> Hrm...I'm trying to get anonymous ftp working, and I can't figure it
> out...I've got the good ol' redhat module installed, and login actually
> works
>
> login: anonymous
> pass: brianj@subrad.com
>
> but when I cd to /pub and try to upload a file, I get permission denied....

Dude, their are WAY too many possibilities to go into without more
details, but the basics:  Look at the permissions on the actual foler.  Do
you *have* permission to write as anonymous?

The other options depend on which ftp server you are using.  Probably
either Bero or WU.  In either case, take a look at your ftpaccess file.
It controls the options for both anonymous and group connections, along
with a ton of other stuff.

Ben

--
"There is no spoon"