Re: [TCLUG:11870] How Much Bandwidth Is Enough?

Quoting Dave Erickson (gsa700@mediaone.net):
> I am trying to figure out how much bandwidth I need for my companies web
> site. What I am looking for are some specific examples of websites and
> how much bandwidth they use.

This is like asking how much water is in a river.

You need to refine your criteria and ask the question again.

Like, what would be a typical bandwidth consumption for an e-commerce site
with 100,000 items for sale. Browsing the web site will be http, but all
purchases will use SSL. The items on the web site will have an average of 128K
of text description and a 24x24x16 color jpg.

We expect 10,000 user each day.

--
Bob Tanner <tanner@real-time.com>       | Phone : (612)943-8700