Re: [TCLUG:11908] HTML question....

> Does anyone know if there is a size limitation for an HTML file?  Someone
> said they heard it's 40 pages, but that doesn't sound right.
>
> Can anyone help me dispell this myth?

There's no limit inherent in HTML itself; in fact, HTML doesn't even
have a notion of a "page" within a file, so it isn't clear what 40
pages would be.

I suppose there might be practical limits, either explicit or
implicit, imposed by the web server that is serving the file, or the
browser or computer reading it, or the bandwidth between the two, but
I've never heard of any.

--Mark

Mark Phillips @ Geometry Technologies, Inc.
Suite 260, 400 Sibley St., St. Paul  MN  55101
651-223-2884, Fax 651-291-2402
mbp@geomtech.com       http://www.geomtech.com