Re: [TCLUG:11959] mx300

> Doz anyone know a sound driver for the Monster MX300 and if there is one
> where to get it....

MX300 is based on an Aureal Vortex2. Aureal is being a bastard with
specs. They've only given specs to the commercial OSS people. (4front)
www.opensound.com  Last I tried, the Vortex2 drivers were still really
beta. They have a time limited demo version you can try.

I have Aureal's own "SuperQuad Digital" Vortex2 based card. I just might
spend the money for drivers. :P

Right now I just have a second sound card in the system, a Gravis
Ultrasound, which I use for Linux and the nifty keen DOS stuff that
supports it... The Linux GUS drivers are kinda strange though, and I
don't think they've been updated in ages... ALSA isn't any better. :P