Re: [TCLUG:11971] howto question

Dave Erickson said:
> I would like to use the "rt" program to display "top" in my root window.

Given the way that top operates, I'm not so sure that this is possible the
way you're thinking of doing it.  In theory, I suppose you could have top
dump its data into a named pipe and use that as the source for rt, but that
doesn't seem like a very useful way to do it...

There is, however, another option which is probably closer to what you want:
Use a maximized, transparent Eterm with top running in it.  (Any other *term
that supports transparency would work, of course, and you'd probably want to
set it to 'stay on bottom' if your window manager supports it.)

--
Geek Code 3.1:  GCS d- s+: a- C++ UL++$ P+>+++ L++>++++ E- W--(++) N+ o+ !K
w---$ O M- !V PS+ PE Y+ PGP t 5++ X+ R++ tv- b++ DI++++ D G e* h+ r++ y+