Re: [TCLUG:11979] irc

>         what do most of the big IRC servers run on? (hw/sw/apps)?
>
>     Take a look at efnet's new node requirements.
>Basically they want you on redundant T-3's to start.  The
>box itself is suggested to be some kind of bsd, with at
>least 64mb ram and a respectable processor.  The only app
>that's allowed to be running on an efnet server is
>ircd-hybrid (which is what I was using), and ssh for
>administration.  Kind of an expensive endeavor to get on
>efnet from scratch.

Which mean a good candidate for that would be a server at visi, but good luck
at convincing them of that. ;)

N. Reinking
CVS Administrator / Perl Programmer, SUPERVALU, Inc.
PGP User ID:0x9E9CA97F
Fingerprint: 0231 E289 D0CD E741 41ED 8AB3 B37D 0583 9E9C A97F
Key available at http://minainerz.sigfs.org/pgpkey.txt or any public keyserver
(http://www.keyserver.net)