RE: [TCLUG:12143] hello

On Wed, 12 Jan 2000, Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom wrote:

> the thing that I *really* appreciate about RH, after mucking with other
> distros, are the post-installation configuration tools. Xconfigurator,
> mouseconfig, soundconfg, printtool, and linuxconf are *lifesavers* for newbies.
>         now *why* aren't those things included (or workalikes for them) in
> virtually all distros by now?

     SuSE is pretty close.  Setting up printers & the like
is done fairly easily with yast.  I'd still like linuxconf
just because it has a pretty nice interface for playing with
bind.  I've never used mouseconfig on rh, and I'll take
xf86config over xconfiguration any day, but options are
nice.  The only tool I find utterly useless is soundconfig,
which is good for true SB cards and nothing else.

Scott
--
I love you more than anything in this world.
I don't expect that will last.