RE: [TCLUG:12143] hello (SB16)

Yeah, I remember my SB16 - probably the second longest
lived computer part I ever had - I wish I hadn't given it up in
exchange for a SB AWE 64.  Sounds a bit nicer - but there
were times when I could have used that extra IDE connection
on that card.  It's hard to find them, now-a-days - I heard that
there was even a sound blaster card with SCSI on it - wow!

Now-a-days, I'm running a SB Live!, which sounds pretty good.
The drivers are in heavy development, so some stuff doesn't
work the best, but overall, I'm very impressed by it.  The time to
buy is now, a meager SB Live! Value is only like $40 - not a bad
price for 4-speaker output, IMHO.  (And the sound quality is
excellent, too!)

Nick Reinking