Distribution Recommendations

> Red Hat, for the (supposed) ease of its installation.  I figure if I
> don't like it I can always try something else.  I thought that I'd start
> with the one that seemed to be generally recommended for Linux
> beginners, though.

*sigh*  I hope you didn't buy it yet. ;-)  I'm a HUGE advocate of Debian
Linux, but because of it's somewhat cryptic installation procedure (I'm
very adept at it now), it gets a bad rap.  Well, there is a couple of
alternatives: Corel Linux and Stormix Linux.  Both sell for around the
same price as RedHat, but IMHO give you a much better distribution to play
with.

Again, this is an opinion, though a fairly popular one.  If you have -- or
are going to -- purchase RedHat, at least buy the latest version (6.2?).
Previous version are somewhat buggy...

Either way, good luck! ;-)

--
Chad Walstrom                         mailto:chewie@wookimus.net
a.k.a ^chewie, gunnarr               http://wookimus.net/~chewie

"A problem is a chance for you to do your best." --Duke Ellington