Re: [TCLUG:12209] Sisyphus (was: [Re:hello])

Yeah, I had to re-install yesterday morning.  I got up at 7:30, and in
my boxers started the install (I had fixed the floppy the previous
night).  I woosed out and did full after I selected the groups of
packages...just because I wanted time to take a shower.  by 8:15 I had a
running system.  Gnome kept blowing up though...so I'm using wmaker
under X (IMHO, better than KDE).  My modem fades in and out of
existance...but my sparc is working!

The problems with the wrong bootdisks was actually because I dd'd the
wrong ones at work the night before...but I was smart enough to make a
set of scsinet, bare.i, and net.i...just in case, so I did have the
bootdisk on hand.  It's not nearly as painful as I made it out to
be...I've just been using color.gz too long - and it makes me dislike
curses every time I install.

It's actually quite easy, and it was the first distro that I ever
installed and used on my own (Ben probably remembers my first slackware
install).