Printer recommendations

Yep, I'm back with another request for hardware recommendations, as I seem to
have a knack for buying stuff that hates Linux...

My latest (and last) attempt at getting my Epson Stylus Color 400 to work
with Linux ended when I discovered a README-StylusColor.gz that I'd never
noticed before (probably because I never looked before...) and discovered
that it says:

---
You may wonder if it is worth trying the original model or the 'II' model if
you have a Stylus Color 400.  The short answer is 'no'...  Buy a real printer.
---

What's a good choice for a printer, preferably in a lower price range?
$200-300 would be ideal, but I'm willing to go higher if it means a
substantial improvement in reliability and/or ease of setup.  Print quality
isn't as much of an issue (as long as it does bold/italics clearly) since I
rarely print anything other than source dumps.

--
Geek Code 3.1:  GCS d- s+: a- C++ UL++$ P+>+++ L++>++++ E- W--(++) N+ o+ !K
w---$ O M- !V PS+ PE Y+ PGP t 5++ X+ R++ tv- b++ DI++++ D G e* h+ r++ y+