Re: [TCLUG:12143] hello [SuSE]

bliss wrote:

> in YaST under adjust of installation
>     choose installation mediun to be ftp
> set ftp site to ftp.suse.com
> dir to /pub/suse/i386/6.3
> then back out to the root tree of YaST and choose
> update system; that is all
> if you will be updating some system files
> you will need to boot off of media and do the same.

How about getting YaST to quit giving up the connection before it's even
tried?  I put in my settings and then hit F10 and it says connecting to
site, the Remote Server Closed Connection, but then the banner from the
ftp site comes through, but by then YaST has given up.  If I try the
connection enough times it works.  Just really annoying.
--
Jon Schewe
http://eggplant.mtu.net/~jpschewe