Re: [TCLUG:12313] telnet as root

Gabe Turner wrote:

> Call me crazy, but why in the name of the Maker would _anyone_ want to telnet
> _anywhere_ as root?  It's an invitation for someone to own your box!

My guess is that it's on an internal LAN where he doesn't really care.
I trust my rommate to not sniff packets so I wouldn't worry about it too
much if I'm telneting around the local LAN.  Although ssh is just that
much easier and it's good to get into the habit of logging in as a user
then using su, even over ssh.
--
Jon Schewe
http://eggplant.mtu.net/~jpschewe