Re: [TCLUG:12429] scsi questions

On Sat, 15 Jan 2000, Colin Kilbane wrote:

> I have aquired a high voltage differential drive.  My controller
> supports ultra wide scsi 2 , low voltage differential, and narrow scsi
> II.  Is there any way to convert the drive to work with my controller?

I didn't twig to what you were saying right off -- H.V. made me thing you
were using 220 VAC or something -- now that's hacking!

Anyway, I think that if you were going HV to LV, you might have it
(relatively) easy, but to step up, you'd either need to change your
controller, put some sort of fast buffering in line, or transformers.  The
first is probably the only one that's remotely possible, in a computing
context, if you don't want science project stuff hanging off your box.

But, I'm no expert here -- this is strictly general electronics knowledge.

Cheers,

Phil M.

--
Life is complex: