Re: [TCLUG:12476] LILO/Dual Boot Question

Your problem is, windows doesn't boot on anything but the primiary master
drive.  For your setup, (and in an all dos enviorment) the Maxtor would show
up as C and the WD as drive D.

There's your Win98 problem in a nutshell. On the bright side, lilo does have
a work around that tricks windows into thinking that the slave is the master
and the master is the slave, but you'll have to thourally read the
documentation (man lilo, /usr/doc/lilo*, /usr/share/doc/lilo*)

I don't know if this is still necissary but you may also have to add an
append=hda "cyls,heads,sectors" (something close to that.) for bigger hard
drive. Consult the large disk howto.

When I installed redhat (it lasted about 1 day on my system) It did the lilo
drive swapping for me since I had "bottable" dos partitions on both hard
drives. But I didn't have a seperate controler card. You might want to
consider disabling your onboard IDE controllers as it would free up some
inturrupts and make the whole mess eiser to work with.

Andy