Re: [TCLUG:12488] Java JDK1.2.2

Erick Stohr wrote:

> Any Java guys/girls,help! I am stuck here, I am trying to install an rpm
> packaged jdk1.2.2 and I get this error,
>
> error: failed dependencies:
>  libodbc.so is needed by jdk-1.2.2-rc2
>  libodbcinst.so is needed by jdk-1.2.2-rc2
>
> am I missing some files/drivers? I run rpm -ivh <package> and get it.
> Does anyone know where I can download jdk for LInux? I haven't found it
> on Sun's sight, yet. JDK1.2.2 is out for Linux, right?Or am I wrong?

The Sun site can be a bit of a challenge sometimes (only slightly less
formidable than Microsoft's).  The Sun/Inprise port is actually located on
the Java Developer Connection website.  Go to
http://developer.java.sun.com/developer/earlyAccess/j2sdk122/index.html to
get a copy.  The site will require you to log in.  After downloading, just
park it in the directory you want and unzip.  It is pretty simple to set up.

--

Perry Hoekstra - dutchman@mn.uswest.net
All that is Microsoft does not glitter,

From the ashes of Spec1170 a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be the Unix OS that was broken,
Linux shall be king.