ttysnoop and pty's

I'm playing with my happy new workstation at home, and I'm trying to get
ttysnoop to work (hey - it looked cool...).  I compiled in support for
Unix98 PTY's, and /dev/pts filesystem support.  I have in.telnetd setup
in inetd to run ttysnoops (the server) instead of /bin/login.  ttysnoops
is setup to run /bin/login after it spawns the cloned terminal.  My
snooptab looks like:
*	socket	login	/bin/login

When I telnet in, it gives me a "Can't open pty" and disconnects.
However when I login normally (i.e. after disabling ttysnoop) doing a
who shows that I am indeed logged in on pty/0 or whatever.  I followed
the instructions in /usr/doc/linux/Documentation/Changes about switching
to PTY's, and did everything they suggested.

Anyone know what's going on here?

--
Adam Maloney
Systems Administrator