Linux on an Alpha

  Hi,

I'm trying to get Linux installed on this Alpha box I have here (because
NT killed it and now DEC UNIX won't install on it, and I figured maybe
installing Linux on it first will help!).

I'm trying to put RH6.1 on it, but I don't have a CDROM. I'm trying to use
the boot floppies, but all that does is get to where it says "Unknown
compression method" and drops me into 'aboot'. Redhat's README says to
boot the floppy with:

  boot fd0:vmlinux.gz root=/dev/fd0 load_ramdisk=1

But ALPHA's SRM doesn't know what that is, and neither does aboot.

Anyone?

-Yaron