RE: [TCLUG:12531] tomcat vs jserv

	What version/edition of VAJ are you using?  I'd like to see how it
works sometime.

> It is quite simple to use, start-up/shutdown and
> involves only the overhead of a JVM.  You don't have Cocoon built in but
> I was not looking for an XML framework (yet).
>
> I look at Tomcat as a development engine while Apache/JServ/GnuJSP as a
> production environment.

	You have adaquately answered my question here, because I am using
Apache/JServ/GnuJSP as a pseudo-production setup.

> Instead of Tomcat, you could swap in the free
> version of Allaire's JRun and get the same capability (except
> debugging).

	I've tried using JRun many many many times and (for me) was always
an excercise in frustration.  I was able to get Apache-JServ/GnuJSP working
in comparatively short order.