RE: [TCLUG:12531] tomcat vs jserv

> "Schlough, Mark" wrote:
>
>        Are there different levels?  For example with JBuilder there is
>foundation, development & enterprise.

There are three: Entry which is free, Professional that is about $150
and Enterprise which is like $3000.  At this point, IBM provides the
first two on Linux, I don't know about the third.  The <recommended>
distro is RH but if you go to the newsgroups, you will see postings on
how to install/run on Debian, Suse, etc.

>        does VAJ just have the entire full-blown package for free?  or did
>you buy the full edition you have?

The Entry is free.  It can be fine to get a feel for the application but
it is limited by the number of classes it can import, I believe 500.  I
purchased the upgrade to 3.0 and got the CDs for both Linux and NT.  I
run Professional by the way.

--
Perry Hoekstra
Consultant