Re: [TCLUG:12721] Re: [OT] 4-channel MP3/CD-audio?

Heh, thanks to everyone that said 4-channel FM is essentially not
possible, I believe you ;-)

> AM can do stereo, but I do not know the method that was chosen for US AM
> Stereo broadcast. With the limited bandwidth of AM to begin with, I
> wouldn't expect a pleasant listening experience for music... but perhaps a
> spoken play or stage act might be OK.

Can AM stations do stereo again?  My mother had a radio in her car a
number of years ago that could understand AM stereo, but I understood
that stereo AM was only around for a short time..

> As for the CD questions, someone else very qualified has answered those
> questions.

Heh, that was what I was more interested in (not that it was very
apparent from my message).  Also, the MP3 encoding/decoding, as many
sound cards these days can supposedly do 4-channel audio.

Yet Another Off-Topic Topic:
Is it just me, or do movies re-use every sound effect they possibly
can?  I mean, there are only about 3 'opening door' sounds that I ever
hear!

--
 _  _  _  _ _  ___    _ _  _  ___ _ _  __   I'm not nearly as think