Re: [TCLUG:12912] SCSI advice

On Wed, 26 Jan 2000, Eric M. Hopper wrote:

> > My first choices would be an Adaptec 2940u2w controller and an IBM u2w
> > disk.
>
> Are those 10,000 RPM disks?  If not, would you recommend such
> disks?

IBM makes a 10,000 RPM version. I have a 7200. The only reason not to get
10,000 RPM disks is if your computer is in your bedroom and you can't
stand the noise. :) You also have to be prepared to properly cool such
drives.

But yeah, since I/O is the performance bottleneck, get disks as fast as
you can afford.

--
Christopher Reid Palmer : http://www.innerfireworks.com/