Re: [TCLUG:12929] Let's hear it for Domino Server!

On Wed, 26 Jan 2000 Nick.T.Reinking@supervalu.com wrote:

> Lotus Notes is *not* an e-mail client.
> Lotus Notes is *not* a calendaring service.
> Lotus Notes is *not* a web browser.
> Lotus Notes is *not* a database.

I agree with none of these personally. :)

A) Lotus Notes is a decent Enterprise email client.  No, its not the best
for internet mail.  Outlook is better :(

B) That depends entirely on who developed your calendaring solution.  If a
good developer with real skills (read: not me) developed it for your
purpouses, it probally would be better than anything else out there.

C) Lotus Notes 5 uses the IE engine from what I remember.  Or at least
what I think I remember.

D) No. its not. But, dont let that fool you.  It's an excellent ENABLER
for databases.  A database is just the backend.  You need a great to work
with frontend to deal with it.  Notes is what some poeple choose for that
frontend.  Some people use VB.  Some people still use 3270.  Some people
have neato web interfaces.

So.  Notes can be cool, it just depends on the people behind the wheel.

--
Scott Dier <dieman@ringworld.org> #nicnac@efnet 612.301.0265
      destiny's admin       | Robots are most often found in server rooms,