Re: [TCLUG:12935] Remote X (client/server rant)

Callum Lerwick said:
> A request that came through ssh, not* X. We're talking about X here,
> you're going to have to think narrow*.

Ah, but that's just it - the machine that's hosting the client when viewing
the overall system is referred to as the server when thinking narrow.  This
is contradictory and many people (at least initially) find it confusing that
a client runs on the server which tells the server running on the client what
to display.  Ultimately, it's a context issue of where you're talking about
machines (client requests tasks of server) vs. software pieces (client
requests display services), but, when the terminology gets to that point, it
suggests that the terminology has been ill-chosen.

--
Geek Code 3.1:  GCS d- s+: a- C++ UL++$ P+>+++ L++>++++ E- W--(++) N+ o+ !K
w---$ O M- !V PS+ PE Y+ PGP t 5++ X+ R++ tv- b++ DI++++ D G e* h+ r++ y+