Re: [TCLUG:13011] This is just too funny

  Hi,

On Fri, 28 Jan 2000, Scott wrote:

> vile nerd to get your car fixed.  Now I really don't know
> what he's talking about there.  If he or anyone else wants
> to come look at the engine in my '90 grand prix or '59
> karmann ghia, they're certainly welcome to.  If they then
> say the grand prix's looks easier to work on, they're just
> full of crap.

I'm no car expert. In fact, due to a clerical error at my country of
origin, I wasn't allowed to drive one. I've only had a driver's license
for exactly one day today, so it's been about that since I got into cars.

When I started driving, we had my wife's '89 Grand Am. Which died, and now
we have a '99 Grand Prix. And to my EXTREMELY untrained eye, compared to
the '89 Grand Am's engine, the '99 Grand Prix' engine is a BEAUTIFUL
seamless shinning gleaming perfect piece of machinary. No unneccesary
wires, no rust, nothing that looks like it shouldn't be plugged into where
it is.

In fact, the first time I saw it I thought "This looks like a big
mechanical heart".

Now, granted, the most I can do on that engine is check the oil level.

My point being, I can drive a car, and I think I drive it pretty well, but
I can't tell carburator from a spark-plug. And I fear the mechanic. I'm
not surprised people who can barely use Windows think us Techies are
scary.

-Yaron