silly question

Am running NIS, NFS. I have a .forward and .procmailrc in my home dir which
routes all my mail to my home dir. My workstations mounts the homes
accordingly. if I ssh to the home dir / mail server everything works fine. But
at my ws when trying to delete mail out of my mailboxes with mutt I am told
that my mailbox is read only.

the Mail dir and boxen are owned by me, and are not read only (as per ls -l
output)

As i said I can ssh into mail server and delete mail fine. But on any of the
workstations I cannot. Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening?

I can read and write anything else fine.
--
Ben Lutgens  Cell: 651.387.9065  Home: 651.703.9541

"I thought Christmas only comes once a year..."
James Bond - The World Is Not Enough