Re: [TCLUG:19594] apt-get errors

Thanks to everyone who responded to this one.  I've reinstalled the os and its
all working right now.  I'm 95% certain the problem was something in the /var
tree.  Either I lost some files or directory perms got mixed  up.  I had other
problems with programs that used the /var/cache/... directory.  I was going to
do a chmod -R 777 on /var before I rebuilt out of curiosity, but I went and
forgot.
-jh