Re: [TCLUG:19672] VALinux vs Compaq, and OT: statistical inference

On Tue, 18 Jul 2000 andy@theasis.com wrote:

> > statistics *never* imply causality, nor guarantee outcomes.
>              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>              That's not true              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> 	                                   that is.

I'm not going to argue the point.  Look in any statistics book at your
convenience.  What I said is provably correct, so I have no bones to pick
about it.~

> I've had poopy experience with Compaqs, but nigh on 2 years ago.
> out of 12 systems delivered, 3 were DOA, one had no CPU in it.
> That's where the problem started.

I have apparently been the exception that proves the rule.  I have a
Compaq that works OK, but it's a home desktop sort (Presario?).  Even
though it works OK, it has no upgrade path, so that bites.

Cheers,
Phil M

--
Lottery:    a tax on people who are bad at math