Re: [TCLUG:19672] VALinux vs Compaq, and OT: statistical inference

recently, according to an NT guy (who actualy knew his stuff) I was
talking to, compaq actualy does have some preformance advantages in their
higher end servers, where they use their own memory/bus chipsets, and not
intel's off the shelf stuff.  they use something called "crossbar
switch" which allows DRAM requests to be interlaced to multiple dimm's at
a time.. which is really cool.

Thank You,
        Ben Kochie (ben@nerp.net)