Re: [TCLUG:19672] VALinux vs Compaq, and OT: statistical inference

yes.. i'll agree with that.. and that's what I was saying.. if you need
preformance on a database like oracle.. you need to go with a full blown
server box like an alpha, or a sparc.  web serving however, can be done
easily on intel type stuff.. and can be scaled much better by throwing a
cluster of servers at it..  where a bunch of cheap hardware is more
reliable, and faster than one big server

Thank You,
        Ben Kochie (ben@nerp.net)