Re: [TCLUG:19737] hello?

Tom Cross wrote:

> On Fri, 21 Jul 2000, Ben Kochie wrote:
>
> > list seemed kidna dead today.. figured i'd start something off..
> >
> > citrix metaframe to provide windows apps to linux
> > networks.. good? bad? anyone besides chewie used it before? :)
>
> Works.  Performance is decent.  Expensive since you have to buy a
> reasonably big NT server & Metaframe.  We have a dual PIII 450 with 256MB
> of RAM running about 10-15 clients.  I'm sure the thing is bored most of
> the time...
>
> --
> Tom Cross                     Voice: 320-253-1020    FAX: 320-253-6956
> System Administrator                          E-mail: tomc@kendeco.com
> Airgas Kendeco Tool Crib                       http://www.kendeco.com
>        --> Now with new and improved extension number 207!!! <--
>         St Cloud Area Linux Users Group: http://www.scalug.org

What is your network like? Are you running Unix systems with people at
the console, or X-Terminals, or ???.

I'm curious because I am running a bunch of X-Terminals running off a couple
of Linux and Solaris boxes, and there are some Windows apps that we could
use, but I am unwilling to run Windows all over the place.