Re: [TCLUG:19778] contract ?

Hi,

On Sun, 23 Jul 2000, Scott Dier wrote:

> > "beneath" them cause it's not emacs or the linux kernel (or something as huge)
> > at stake. Post to slashdork if they do.
>
> Actually. post to kuro5hin *now*.  I can do it for you ron if you dont
> mind. (www.kuro5hin.org)

Let's hold off on that for a couple days.

Your point concerning trade secrets is correct, in my opinion. This
company can't stop me from duplicating their product or from working to
help someone else duplicate their product. Who the hell wants to work for
someone that's dumb enough to concern themselves with these issues. It
didn't even occur to me that I could walk into a culture of
visionless, unimaginative mental midgets. Well, that's a little harsh but
it's closer to reality than where they're coming from.

Meanwhile, consider me naive. I thought, "this is GPL Country and we've
been discovered. Themz Frogs is gotta be swingin' Louisville Sluggers."
It's the damned bandwagon phenomena, "Meet the new boss, same as the old
boss," Pete Townsend.

Things are coming to a boil. It seems my immediate boss, who's on
the side of open source has been reprimanded. I think there's a last
chance for me to get through to the "Man."

BTW, I've seen the Statue of Liberty over here and it's a hell of alot
smaller than our version. :)

Ron