Booting Raid 5 on Compaq Proliant

I have a Compaq (I know, I know.  It wasn't my choice!) Proliant ML-370
server with an ICP Vortex GDT60518RS RAID controller installed, connected
to 5 9GB drives.

I am trying to install Red Hat 6.2 on this machine, using the ICP Vortex
controller's BIOS to set up a RAID 5 array, using 4 of the drives, and one
drive as a hot spare.  The logic here is that Linux should see this array
as one large disk, with all the RAID minutiae handled from the Vortex
card.

When setting up Red Hat 6.2, I can use the expert mode to detect the RAID
controller, and install goes fine.

However, the machine will only boot from the boot floppy.

Does anyone have experience with a similar setup?  Any pointers to help me
boot this machine from LILO instead of a floppy would be great.

Thanks!

--
Chuck Milam
chuck@milams.net