Re: [TCLUG:19847] Two webservers on one machine?

Luke Francl wrote:

> Hi guys, slightly off-topic question.
>
> I'm going to be starting my own website on my own webserver soon. My
> question to you is this: can I run two webservers on one machine, refering
> to different virtual servers?
>
> For instance, say I want to run apache/php on foo.com, but on bar.org, I
> want to run the mighty AOLserver. Can this be done?

If you really need to run 2 different web servers (for whatever reason)
and have it use port 80, you could always do a redirect from your
virtual domain on port 80 to a different port, like 81. Or else you can
look into the proxy capabilities of apache. Then run your non-apache
server on a different port (81) and proxy it. Just a few ideas.